Sunday, September 20, 2009

International Women’s Day

A: According to a survey conducted by the Ministry of Women and Veteran’s Affairs, four of ten women in Cambodia experience domestic violence. So what is your impression of women’s rights for the time being?
B: From my point of view, I find that our government should take measure to reduce these problems because women are mothers of the world. Men and women should have the same and equal rights.
A: But it’s just a theory on their lips; in fact, no reality in the society.
B: Well, I have no idea with what you mean. I just realize that there is a lot of domestic violence on women in the society very indeed.
A: OK, will you commit domestic violence after your marriage?
B: No, I will never. I’m a well-considered man.
A: I think that you are blowing your own trumpet.
B: No, I’m exactly not. If people lack of education, they will do everything with ill-considered actions and they can blow off their steam or any retaliation.
A: Very good, fantastic idea. As you are aware, International Women’s Day is celebrated on the eighth of March every year. So what is the theme of Women’s Day in Cambodia?
B: I think that it is to build together a society free of violence against women. It’s an important step towards a non-violence society.
A: Thank you very much for your description.
B: You’re welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment