The Water Festival

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Water Festival


Part 1:

A: Hello, how are you doing today?

B: Great, and what about you?

A: I’m brilliant. Thank you very much.

B: Fantastic to hear that, nice to talk you today.

A: Ok. I’m pleased to meet you, too.

B: Well, what topic do you want to talk about today?

A: All right, I want to talk about Water Festival today, because it’s coming up soon.

B: Oh, really? Do we have public holiday?

A: Yeah, exactly! We have four days off including independent Day.

B: Excellent, sound fantastic. So what are you doing on these days?

A: Well, I’m going to see boat racing along the Mekong River and concert.

Part 2:

B: What will happen on the 11th, the 12th, 13th of November this year?

.

A: It is the Water Festival.

.

B: Do you have any plans to do anything in this occasion?

.

A: Yes, I do. I’m going to see the boat race because I like this programme very much.

.

B: How many racing boats will take part in this year?

.

A: Oh! I don’t know. It’s not my affair. You should ask the City Hall.

.

B: If I invite you to participate in sharing condoms, dare you joint?

A:

Part 3:

A: When and why do our Cambodian people celebrate the Water Festival every year?

B: This question is quite difficult to reply, but I must try it. The Water Festival is celebrated in November every year to honor the victory of the Cambodian Naval Forces in the reign of King Jayvarman 7, during Angkor period of 12th century.

A: But I don’t think like that. The Water Festival is celebrated to pray to God for the happiness of the people and sufficient rain for cultivation.

B: Yes, I haven’t finished my answer yet. But you interrupted me and I think that you pretend not to know, so it’s time to ask you back now.

A: Sure. I’m ready to answer your questions.

B: Do we celebrate another ceremony during the Water Festival?

A: Yes, we do, absolutely. Besides the Water Festival, there are three more ceremonies such as Illuminated Floats, Moon Salutation and Ok Ambok.

edIm,ibBa©b;snÞna RtUvykXøaxageRkamenHmkniyay

A: Well, it’s time to say good bye now. And I would like to wish you good luck, especially on Water Festival occasion this year.

B: Thank you very much, same to you.

A: Wow! Your English is very well. How can you improve it?

B: Thanks for your admiration. But I think that my English is very poor.

A: Thank you for your time and thanks for your good answer to my questions.

B: You’re welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment