Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where do you plan to go on Khmer New Year's Day?
A: Good evening, how are you doing?
B: I’m fantastic, thank you. How are you feeling?
A: I’m feeling well, thanks. What do you intend to talk with me today?
B: I would like to talk about Khmer Traditional New Year’s Day.
A: OK. Welcome to all your questions.
B: Well, on the upcoming Khmer New Year’s Day, where do you plan to go?
A: I’m going to visit my homeland at Battambang province.
B: How are you going there? By bus, by cars or by train?
A: I’m going there by train, because the train fare is cheaper than carfare.
B: How much does a ticket cost from Phnom Penh to Battambang?
A: It costs only 1000 Riels. By the way, have you ever been in a train?
B: No, I haven’t. And where do you plan to go on Khmer Year’s day?
A: I’m also going to my native town in Prey Veng Province. I’m going there by motorbike. It takes me three hours to get there and I need to take the ferry across The Mekong River.
B: Where do you always spend your holidays on New Year’s Day?
A: On the first day, I always go to pagoda with my mother and grandmother. On the second and third day, I always go out to play popular games with my villagers.
B: What do you always wish for when you burn incense in the pagoda?
A: I always wish for good health, longevity, prosperity, happiness and a bright future in this life and next life.
B: That’s great. Now time’s up! I would like to say goodbye now. Hope to see you next time and I wish you have good times and safe trip during the Khmer New Year’s Days.
A: Thank you so much. You too. Bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment